I have been contemplating so much latly. Haha. I think if I saw me I would think I was zombified. Some of my friends called me lazy today becuase I was tired. I believe that much thinking can make one tired. That and staying up late to talk, like I did last night. It was worth it.
During the last few days I realized that so much more is needed in missions. Not just here but everywhere. And not just people needing to build things, pull teeth, and film but much is needed from the individual preparing himself to serve the Lord. I have been examining myself the last few days. When I have had time I exerise and read a little. I realized how much MORE I need to learn about Buddhism, Thai culture, my religion, and myself.
How do Buddhist learn religion? What are their views of foreigners? How do they create deep relational bonding? So much to learn... the Buddhists do not reject that their is a God but they don't believe that He has power over all human beings... And the idea of nirvana... trying to escape from the life cycle.
It seems that the Prince of Thailand (in the past) wrote a document on why Missionaries failed to convert Thais. He even gave advice on how to do it. The King is supportive of the different religions here. He even gives a token of money to different organizations on a monthly basis to support them. So why haven't we seen exponential growth here?
I am also doing some soul searching. Thank God for good books and the Bible. Also, I know that the good Lord has things come our ways to teach us life lessons. I need to spend more time with Him. Such peace can only come from Him. This week I could use some mental rest. And today I was blessed with a 2 hour nap and 2 hours of reading. (I was late to a meeting but I was still happy). I am reminded that Christ gives peace in the middle of a storm. I am looking foward to tomorrow!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Jorge!
Seeing you last night was such a blessing! I've been praying for you guys, and I am so excited about the work the Lord is doing to and through you. Ahh... Bangkok. I'm really sad I couldn't see Pastor Doug; He's such a man of God. My blog from when I was in Thailand is refulgentcourier.blogspot.com if you want to check it out. Yeah, being in Asia is a lot more touchy than the islands or Africa. There's so many cultural taboos and formalities. Love them is my best advice. As you know, Thais value humility and respect a lot. I found that the best thing for me to do was just to share what Jesus has done for me. Being in Thailand made me think a bit about my testimony and why I was in Thailand anyway. Ok, my email is sbelensky@southern.edu Email any questions. I'll keep checking your blog. God bless!
In Christ,
Sarah
Hey Jorge! I had P Ying ask about your mosquito net, but pastor Shilo said that he didn't have it. He said he had given you guys nets to use up in the village. I don't know where it is. sry. How are things going there? God bless!
Post a Comment