Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cambodia Run


One of the coolest missionary families I have ever met. They run the church, school, and orphanage in Siem Reap! They hosted us while we stayed in town.

ADRA hosted us in Phnom Penh. Another blessing!

Husking a coconut while Supap climbs the tree!


Riding in the truck on our way to town at night! It was cool to chill with other missionaries.


Sabbath service in the Khmer style church. A great example of how to reach the people without trying to erase their culture. I enjoyed the time at Wat Prea Yesu.

Kelly, Supap, and I just came back from Cambodia. Now we're back in the wonderful kingdom of Thailand. Three missionaries just left Thailand. Two of them I came here with. I'm kind of bummed since I didn't get to see them off at the apart. I remember walking through the gates with Rob into BKK and picking up Phoebe, with Phamor, from the Chiang Mai airport. Emily just left this morning for Cambodia so we just missed her. Ricky is still in Thailand untill next week, I hope to chill with him on Monday before he heads out. I guess I'm the next one heading home. I'm here with the second wave of missionaries from our school. It's not the same, and it couldn't be, they are a totally different group and they are cool to be with.

I've moved down the road to where the other guys are (Cory, Robin, and Brandon) since I've been asked to move out of the church plant that I've been staying at after deciding to not teach English anymore. I guess the house is only for English teachers or maybe it's just for the girls now? I'm not really sure. The SMs here aren't going to be in BKK much longer during this month. Our Hope4BKK crew will be heading to Ayuthaya for the weekend followed shortly by almost 10 days in Chiang Mai for a Voice of Prophesy/English Camp meeting. So I think that leaves us with about 3-4 days in BKK this month.

Here are some pics two show a little of what we've been up to the past week! I was very happy to see the work being done in Siem Reap and hear about what ADRA is doing in the country. I hope to someday return to the School in Cambodia and maybe work with the family in charge for a bit. I will try to post some more pics later this month of from our travels. Hope to hear form you guys!



No comments: