Monday, February 16, 2009

Friends & Motorcycles

Ricky and I rode motorcycles from Chiang Mai to the Health Center after church! It was awesome! If it wasn't for experiencing long trips to villages on motorcycles up north and zipping through traffic in downtown Bangkok I don't think I could have driven the way we did that day. Chiang Mai can have its share of traffic and crazy drivers but it doesn't come close to BKK. The drive was the cherry on this cake called reunion!

I saw the soil. I saw the EOP students. I saw my old clothes laying around in the room where I last left them before heading to Bangkok. I even saw one of my favorite shirts that survived a rat attack, the rat just tore off a sleeve, and I hope to have a new long sleeve sewed on to replace it.

It feels good to be in old territory. Phamor is still the cool cut-throat leader I remember him to be. I guess I am not really sure how to feel. It almost feels like coming home... although its not home. I imagine that I will have a similar feeling when I return to the States. To see old faces, pick up items left long ago, and join friends in new adventures. Its nice.

Yesterday (Sunday) Rob, Ricky, and I slept at the Church. We had spent almost the whole day traveling. We left early in the morning for Myanmar and returned late at night. There is a room where the doors are always open at the church. It seems tonight we will stay there again before heading back to the center.

(I also got to drive people around in a truck while we stayed at the Lamphun before the weekend. I forgot how fun driving can be! Driving on the left side of the road with the steering wheel on the front right just seems all too natural now... Cheers to driving on the open roads!)

No comments: