Thursday, January 29, 2009

WAIT!


There were many things I wanted to do upon arriving on Thai soil. I still have so many unanswered questions. I had hope for things that never happened. I know things happen for a reason so that gives me some hope.

I feel like the firstborn student missionary bastard child of this project in Bangkok. I have been forgotten about, a permanent substitute given empty words of encouragement. I try not to look around and see what others are doing, things that they had hoped to and are doing. My friends are seeing the same project from different perspectives. I try desperately to remind myself that God wants me to sprout where He has planted me despite the circumstances.

I feel that there is little left for me to do here. I came to Thailand to reassure myself that missions is what I want to do. Right now I don't know what to think anymore, I'm disappointed. I can do community projects in my local neighborhoods. I want to go home.

Today as I packed my bags I talked with one of my best friends via a bad Skype connection. (Our church plant has dial-up) He is hurrying to come to Thailand. Why now? Of all the times... he wants me to wait and work with him. I love him. I have to pray about it because for this to work a lot of things will have to take place. I'm still working on fund raising for the time spent here already! I do not want to come home with debt after volunteering especially as an English teacher while English teachers (including our own missionaries) are given a salary for such a job. (I am reminded of Matt Ch 6) My income is coming from friends and family contributing to my being here. Thank you guys! May the Lord richly Bless you!

Does the Lord not see what is happening? Does He not hear my cry?! He hears me. He even knows what I need even before I ask. Perhaps He is also telling me to WAIT. How long Lord?! How long must I wait? I'm confident that the Lord will bless me. How? I do not know. But he has blessed me in the past in ways I never would have considered. So my prayer is Bless me Lord! Lead me to rest!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU JORGE,JUST PRAY GOD KNOWS WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT TRUST IN HIM.LOVE MOM

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Paul felt that way many times. "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness."(2 Corinthians 12:9)I know God has not forgotten you. I will be praying for you. He will guide your path.

Anonymous said...

jorge we know that you are doing great work. more than you know.keep the faith, never give up.it gets darker before it get brighter.LOVE DAD''''''''